Translate

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Seattle Center

For my very first travel blog I'm going to stay close to home. I grew up in South Seattle Washington. I can remember the two major highways, I90 and I5, being built. Those major through ways brought the world here, and made Seattle a destination city. The 1962 Seattle World's Fair introduced us to the world.

The Seattle Center and the famous Space Needle are the remnants of that fair. It was billed as Century 21. I believe that fair inspired our technology companies that would dominate our economy, and bring talent from around the world.

After working up an appetite get a bite to eat in the Armory. There's lots to choose from BBQ to fudge. If you are blessed with a sunny day you might want to get your lunch to go and enjoy the International Fountain.

The Chihuly Glass Garden should not be missed. The world famous glass artist has brought his talent home to Seattle with an exhibit that includes small pieces, large sculptures, even a ceiling of glass. The outside garden is exquisite with spires soaring overhead.

That does it for now. I hope you enjoyed you visit. Next time I will review our waterfront and Pike Place Market.



No comments:

Post a Comment